Tuesday 8 March 2011

B Money Album Cover



This is my design for an album cover. We decided on the name 'B Money' as we like the idea of a Hip-Hop star being linked with money. I chose to ply on the idea of money by holding up a 1p piece in the photo.

In the photo I am looking quite fierce to keep the 'bad boy' image of a Hip-Hop rapper. The background consists of a grotty smashed up ally which links in well to the background of our artist.

We decided to make the image of me black and white, so we could bring out the importance of the money which is the first thing you spot when looking at the cover. I chose the font of B Money because it is a rough font to keep the link of the artist to the cover. The colours were chosen as they go well together and they match the eye colour to bring the eyes out even more to make me look even more fierce.

I put in a Parental Advisory symbol as he is a rapper and some of his music will contain strong language and it also makes the artist look 'gangster' to keep in with our theme.

I used Photoshop to create this album cover and used 8 layers in the process. This was the first time I had used Photoshop, I picked it up fairly quickly and feel I have learnt a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers